March 28, 2015

So what's been going on with me for the past 6 months? - and a fresh new start

Hello? Anyone there? *voice echoing back with no answer*




Ok, if there's no one there, I'll start a monologue. But I'll keep it short, because talking to yourself gets kind of boring.

I haven't been good lately. I haven't updated my blog. But I have good reasons. My life's been under a lot of changes.

Yes, that's right - I moved from Australia back to Finland last year, only to stay there a couple of months. Things didn't work out and it got rather distressing. So, then we moved again, to the UK this time in October last year.

From December on I've lived in Manchester and since then life got back into its tracks. I found a job that I seem to love (note the word "seem". Yes, it is a surprise to me, how much I enjoy this job!) But I got two times lucky, because I also got a weekend job that I love.

I perform as Princess characters at children's birthday parties. I love it so much. It allows me to do so many things that I love.

Although my time is now very limited, I have other ambitions as well. Sharpening up on my ukulele and getting up to speed with my blog being some of these things. Travel and exploring are also still pretty high up on my list.

Blogging, that's right. Still important to me, I've decided. Here I am, in a new country with a new life, so I thought it's about time to give my blog a new life too.

Some changes in my blog, going forward:
  • New layout, obviously
  • Language. I will stick with English only from now on. I'd love to communicate in Finnish to my Finnish audience, but sticking just to one language will keep things simple. And because my audience is increasingly international, English is the logical choice.
  • Content. To save my readers from boredom I'll try to post more (larger) images and less text. But I'll still stick to blogging about things that inspire me and nothing else. Because otherwise blogging would lose the point for me.
  • Continuing on the point above these topics could relate to: cosplay, video games, dolls, anime, manga, crafts, music... basically anything you see in my tag cloud!
  • Post frequency will revert to approximately once per week.

Ok, I think I'm finished with my monologue. But if someone is reading right now on the other side of the screen - yes, you! - don't be cruel! Comment and ask me your questions! And, if by any chance, you are a friend of mine from Finland or Australia. Please know that I miss you dearly. Even though my life may seem rather happy at the moment. It never goes away, I promise.

Next up: MCM Birmingham Con update - my first con in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment